Our Stop Leak Plumbing Service Starts with your Emergency
How do I Stop a water leak that is happening right now?
BECAUSE OF THE DANGER OF WATER AND ELECTRICITY WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DON’T ATTEMPT TO REMEDY A SEVERE FLOOD OR LEAK!
If it is deemed safe, we may talk you through stopping the flood or leak using any one or a combination of the following:
- If it is a small leak first try to put a container under to catch the water or try to divert the flow to a drain or a bucket
- If the water is coming from the roof or above you and you suspect rainwater or flooding is occurring it may be best to catch or divert the water instead of blocking the hole (in a ceiling for instance) as the water will likely flow someplace else and cause more damage – get us on the phone if you have not already!
- For larger leaks likely coming from a broken pipe or a plumbing fixture turn off the main water supply by locating and closing the main water valve (it may be a flat handle that will indicate open or closed or it may be a round knob), turn it the opposite way from its current position, usually right on a round knob to close. The valve is usually located close to the incoming water pipe to the building, we can help you identify it.
- If you cant find it, or turn it, try to locate any valve close to the leak, or between the leak and the main water supply. For example, a sink or a toilet may have a valve under it, but be careful! These valves have generally not been used in a while and may break and make things worse! If it won’t turn, don’t force it.
- If you have a well, and your home’s electrical breaker box is labeled properly (marked WELL), you can flip that breaker or breakers to the OFF position. Be careful in here, no wet hands or metal!
By turning off the well you will stop the further pumping of water from the ground, however, existing pressure in the system will continue to make water flow for a while after the WELL PUMP is shut off.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE WATER STOPPED – WE WILL TAKE IT FROM HERE! (AT THE VERY LEAST CALL US!) WE HAVE IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO SHARE WITH YOU ABOUT TREATMENT AND CLEANUP AFTER A LEAK. INCLUDING KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE POTENTIAL FOR DEVASTATING EFFECTS ON YOUR HEALTH AND OR PROPERTY!
We Offer EMERGENCY Plumbing Repair, Complete Flood Clean-Up, Water Removal and Construction & Re-Building Services AFTER any Plumbing Emergency
We have partnered with the most reliable and professional local Plumbing Companies, Electrical, and Building Contractors in the area to handle your Emergency Leak or Flood from start to finish.
This includes but is not limited to: removal of water or other liquid, cleaning, disinfecting, drying, mold prevention, and reconstruction of the damaged area of your home or business to make it back to its fully functional state!
- Our main plumbing contractors are the best in Traverse City
- Once we are contacted our team at FloodMan and the best plumber for the job will work together to quickly and professionally fix your leak or flood problem
- After the repair, we will stay on with you until your building is made usable again and is free from the chance of a reoccurring leak or flood and provide treatments to reduce the chance that Mold or Mildew will occur.
Water, fire, and smoke damage can be devastating! During this trying time, immediate action is necessary to prevent its spread and any need for more extensive repairs. Trust FLOODMAN professionals to handle your restoration needs safely, effectively, and efficiently.
MOLD & ODOR REMEDIATION
Our MOLD GONE TC Removal and Remediation Program identifies and addresses mold issues. Mold remediation prevents the spread of mold by isolating damaged areas, removing affected material and eliminating moisture sources, to re-establish a healthy environment.